JOY=Faith, Family, and Friends

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mother's Day

As I catch up I am remembering back a month or so to Mother's Day. I never posted anything for this so of course first I want to pay tribute to the wonderful women in my life. My mom, Grandma, sister, mother in law, sister in laws, friends. I have such amazing women in my life and to each of you I look for examples of righteous, wonderful moms. I have to esp. say that my mother and grandmother are two of the most influential people in my life, without whom I would not be the person I am today!

(This was Mother's Day last year. I wish I could do this with my sisters, Mom and Grandma every year!!)

My husband never forgets a holiday and he always spoils me. I awoke Sunday morning to breakfast in bed. He now has help. Emma got up on her own at 6:00am wanting to help make breakfast. She is a really good helper. They made crepes with fresh berries and whipped cream. It was so delicious. When they brought it in there were gifts from each of them and a dozen roses!! Joseph gave me a new video camera which I am so excited about and a new pair of sunglasses(one of the perks to being his wife)! But my favorite gifts were from my kiddos. They were so excited to give me their presents and each was nearly bursting with enthusiasm. Taylor had made a card and a magnet with his picture on it, Emma gave me a paper tea pot with tea to relax with that she made at school and a beautiful homemade card (she had taken the tea off and explained that we can't drink it;0), Madelyn made a wheelbarrow out of wood that she made with her Dad at Home Depot and a flower in it. She was esp. pleased that she had gotten to make her own gift. The day continued to be wonderful as the kids tried to be kind and helped their Dad also make dinner. Joseph made chicken alfredo and homemade rolls. I must say they were so good that I think I will relinquish that job to him. It was a wonderful day. I get so much pleasure from being a mom and am so grateful for my family!!
(Boy I look terrible, I was really ready to have a baby!)

No comments: