JOY=Faith, Family, and Friends

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

January Happenings!

As I was reflecting on the fact that it is now February, I was marveling how that simple fact alone seems to raise my spirits each year. There is something about January that always makes me a little depressed. I guess it is the lull of Christmas ending and nothing but snow and cold around (at least where we live). But February comes and there are more warm days, birthdays (in our home) and it seems like my spirits just lift simply because January is done and we are on to February. I don't have any pictures to post. We really haven't had a lot going on to take pictures of, but I thought I would write what we have been up to. Taylor is in Basketball and loves it. To his Daddy's joy, he wants a basketball hoop for his birthday. I think they will both have to wait until the Springtime though. Emma is as energetic as ever and is struggling with the fact that Mom doesn't take her out as much. If only I could have half her energy. She is still involved with Dance and is excited about her upcoming recital. Madelyn is coping with my partial bed rest the best. She has become a pro at puzzles, loves to color, and also loves to play the WII with me at home. She is quite content to sit by my side and play. However, she does anxiously watch the window throughout the day awaiting the time when her playmates (Taylor and Emma) come home. Joseph is still having success at WyoVision and they are in the process of working out the details for him to buy into the practice. I guess Sheridan is going to become permanent for us. I am okay with that though, it has taken longer than other places, but I am really starting to love it here. That is impart because of the love and support I am feeling from our friends here. I am having a bit of pain and discomfort with this pregnancy due to my pelvic congestion. Because of this I have about 2-3 hours on my feet a day and the rest of the day I have to be laying down. It is as a result of this that so many friends have showered their service and love on us. Four of my friends decided they would bring in meals once a week until the baby comes and a couple times a week someone comes by and gets Madelyn so she can get out. I can't say how hard this has been for us to accept the help and yet how grateful we are for their kindness that is making this more bearable. We are finally half way through ( 20 weeks YEAH) and although the days are long, we are doing really well. I told Joseph he is going to become a culinary artist by the time the baby comes. I have to say that Joseph deserves Husband of the year award, he calls daily to check up on me, cleans the bathrooms, takes the kids on the weekend so I can rest, cooks, grocery shops, the list could go on and on. This really is as much his trial as it is mine and he is rising to the task like a pro! I am so very grateful for a wonderful husband. Well, this is an incredibly long post, but since I am not good at keeping a journal this is my recap for the past couple weeks. To all my friends that keep in touch through this with me, I hope you are all well! Love ya!

7 comments:

Landon and Julie said...

BLESS YOUR HEART! STICK WITH IT, GIRL! WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU! YOU ARE ONE TOUGH CHICA!

Cali said...

Oh Amy--I feel so bad that you are on partial bed rest. How hard it must be to take care of your family and yourself. I am so glad that you have such good people around you to help you out. Bless them. Take care of yourself.

Frehner Family said...

Oh Girl! I wish we lived closer to help. You two did so much for us in the moving process and are such wonderful people, you deserve some help in return. Good luck with it all. If there is anything I can do from a distance (a long distance unfortunatley) let me know. I would LOVE to help.

Brooke said...

You both are such troopers! I know how hard it is for you to be down. I sincerely wish I was closer to help. I know Tessa would love to have Emma come play like the good ol' days. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Bryan and Susan said...

I am with you about January and my birthday is in January. It is just nice to get February here. Just the thought makes me feel warmer. Your spirit seems good and that is an answer to my prayers. We love you and miss you.

Natalie said...

Isn't it great to finally see what our husbands are capable of. Jason's already taken over housework. All I have to do is fold laundry. I've been pretty sick and totally exhausted. I'm in bed by 8:00 and still take a nap in the afternoon. Thank goodness for my laptop, I've been reading up on triplet pregnancy and births and pricing diapers, etc. Too bad we can't just take a day off when we feel GREAT! Good luck to you. We could very well have 4 babies in June! I'm really hoping to make it to 34 wks.

Lori said...

Amy, I sure wish that there was something I could do to help you and your family. It sounds like your friends are being good to you, and Joseph sounds like he's being a great hubby. Know that I love you and your family, and that you are in our prayers. Take care!