JOY=Faith, Family, and Friends

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Leaving a Legacy


I made a spontaneous trip to Utah this past week. It was unexpected and emotional, and I am so very glad I had the ability to go. My Grandpa Smith fell and had emergency surgery last Monday morning! I don't care how old a person is, when things change it is always hard. After reading a beautiful blog post by my sister-in-law, I began to ponder the word "Legacy." What legacies have been left for me? Am I living up to them? What legacy will I leave for my children and grandchildren? My grandpa has left the most remarkable legacy for me and our family. I don't know two better people than my grandparents. They are the best examples of service, love, gratitude, compassion, and righteousness. I was able to share a few brief moments with Grandpa before I came home that I will never forget. I hope to live true to the legacy he left and leave a similar legacy for my future posterity! What a remarkable gift the relationships we have in this life are!!

I also got to be a part of wedding dress shopping with my sister while I was there! It was so much fun! I am so happy for her. She has chosen a wonderful man to marry and I know they will be very happy! Ash, thanks for sharing the fun with me!! You looked beautiful!!! The circle of life!

In other news, School let out today. We had an end of school party that I forgot to take my camera to, but we had a lot of fun.
-RED ROVER
-OBSTACLE COURSE
-WATER BALLOON FIGHT
-POPSICLE
YEAH SUMMER!! We are so excited to have you here!!

1 comment:

Hoosier Mama said...

Thanks again for the fun party today. We had a great time! Beckham took quite the beating during Red Rover, but loved the popsicles! Thanks!