JOY=Faith, Family, and Friends

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Precious Moments!

I was sitting in Stake conference, next to my husband with two girls playing on one side of me and Taylor sitting on the other side of Joseph. It was a good, spirit filled meeting. The kids had behaved and having Joseph next to us and not up on the stand was a plus. We started to sing the closing hymn, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and I looked over to view a most wonderful sight. There are small moments in a mother's life which make all the hard times worth it and this was one of those moments. Taylor was wearing his suit and tie and had the hymn book open. He was reading the words and singing right along with us. Now, maybe this sounds corny, but in that moment, I began to cry. My son looked like a little missionary sitting there singing that he knew his Redeemer lived. He is growing up so fast and he already has such a strong testimony. In that brief precious moment everything in the world faded away and I felt such a peace. I think our kids will be okay amidst all the adversity that surrounds us, if we will stick to the basics. I love my children so much and thank my Heavenly Father for sending us these sweet moments in life that truly make all the rest worth it!!

4 comments:

Jacey said...

Hi Amy! I just saw your mom and grandma at the craft fair yesterday... it was good to see them. It made me miss my grandma.

Hope everything is going well. What are your holiday plans? Are you guys coming down?

Love you!

James and Katrina said...

Those are precious moments. I loved that meeting as well.

Bryan and Susan said...

How much better can it get. We love you all and it is so fun to be part of your lives. We can't wait to see you.

Brooke said...

This is so awesome. I do appreciate those tender moments that remind us, yes this is really worth it.