JOY=Faith, Family, and Friends

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Emma's Birthday!

Happy Sixth Birthday Emma!!

Party at Burger King!














This year we let the kids choose one thing they wanted to do and they were only supposed to get to invite a couple friends. Emma's list ended up with a few more than a couple by the time we combined church and school friends. She chose a party at Burger King. I must say I recommend this. We had the whole play place reserved for our group. The did the cleaning before and after and it was quite relaxing for me. Joseph was a little annoyed with the amount of food the kids wasted from their Kid's Meals, but that is young children for you! She had a great birthday!












We had a family party the night of Emma's birthday. I made a small cake for that night because her big cake would be the next day at her friend party. She requested fish sticks and homemade rolls for dinner. Odd choice?!
Although Emma had begged for an I-pod and this was her main present from us, she was most excited about the Easy Bake Oven she received. She also enjoyed getting mail for a week as many family and friends sent letters, cards, money, and gifts. Thank you all so much for always remembering the kids!!

Madelyn and I enjoyed bringing cupcakes to school to celebrate with Emma's
class! We also stayed and had lunch with her!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Glad she had a fun birthday! I can't believe she wanted an Ipod! Does she just like to listen to her favorite music with it? My kids aren't there yet... they wouldn't know that term if you said it! I hope you are doing good and sorry about all your snow. That is a bummer. We finally got some good weather this weekend. It was such a relief!