JOY=Faith, Family, and Friends

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby Girl!

We are having a Baby....
GIRL!!
My scanner is giving me fits and since most of you already know I thought it was about time I posted this. After our ultrasound we would say that we are 99% sure that this baby is a girl. We were all quite surprised. I guess to even out the numbers we all thought it would be a boy, but we are very happy to be having another sister. The day of the ultrasound was quite funny. Here are the responses when the doctor announced the gender:
Emma: "Madelyn you were right, the baby is a girl."
Madelyn(in an upset tone): "I changed my mind, I don't want another sister I want a brother!"
Taylor(in a shocked tone): "WHY??"

We all kind of laughed and the doctor continued the ultrasound, but every couple minutes we would hear:
Taylor(exasperated): "Why does it have to be a girl? I really need a brother!"

Poor boy, since then he is adjusting to the idea of having another sister. We have told him that this just means that he will have to be extra tough to be his sisters' protectors. We also assured him that he isn't the only boy and he and his Dad can always be best buds!

So, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of

Olivia Lynae Katschke

11 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

I read this one after my first comment! It is so funny how disappointed they can be. Nicole had serious aligator tears when she found out we were having a boy. Those girls are so lucky to have such an awesome big brother!!

Lindsay said...

You have been a busy blogger lately! Congrats on the girl. It must be a girl season, everyone I know is having a girl. But I don't want to get my hopes up. Really I don't care. Hang in there she'll be here before you know it.

Jacey said...

Man you guys have had a rough sick month, so sorry. We've also been sick at our house. I am looking forward for this sick season to be over!
How exciting to be having another girl! Two and a half months you are on the count down, that's exciting!
I saw Ashley and your mom at the store a while back-we had a nice chat...I just love your family!
Wish we lived closer so that we could come visit and keep each other company. We're thinking about you, love you!

Adrie said...

Congratulations that is so exciting!!!

LeMira said...

Cute name that you've picked out!

Marcy said...

Great name!

YaYa said...

Oh my heck, did I know you were prego? I can't remember? Anyway, congrats!!!! And don't feel bad about the kids feeling sad about another girl, Laci was so sad that she refused to call her new baby brother a boy so she called him "Cinderella Sam" for like a year after he was born. Kids are funny, a ton of work but what a joy! I'm sorry about your mom's leg, she needs to CALL me!!!!geez. love ya, Tricia

Andrea said...

Amy I'm so excited for you guys! You have such an adorable family! It's fun to hear how funny kids can be!

Brooke said...

Oh Congrats you guys! I LOVE the name Olivia. I think it fits perfectly into your families name scheme. I was actually just thinking today that if I were to have another girl, I would consider that name. Good luck and Happy Birthday Emma!

Lori said...

Amy I think of you often, and we remember you in our prayers. The name for your baby girl is adorable. You have such a cute family. Hang in there. Lots of Love!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Ok, so I guess I haven't checked in in a while. I didn't even realize you were pregnant! Congrats! So, is this the final go at it or does Taylor have a couple more chances for that brother? :o)