JOY=Faith, Family, and Friends

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Eye Problems!

Can you say Preseptal Cellulitis?
I had never heard of such a thing, but after complaining for a couple of days of a bad headache I decided to take Taylor to the doctor for what I thought would probably end up being a sinus infection. The morning of our appointment when he woke up he looked like he had a black eye. It took a shot to his bottom, (which he hated) daily visits to the doctor, and a very strong antibiotic 4 times a day for 10 days to finally get his eye to heal. This picture doesn't quite do it justice, but we are very grateful the medicine worked and we avoided the hospital. So, if like me you have not heard of preseptal cellulitis it is an infection in the front part of the eye. Taylor's had started out as a sinus infection and then it spread up to the eye. It would only have become serious if it had moved to the back part of the eye becoming orbital cellulitis. ( I am not sure I explained that completely right, but if you want a better explanation ask Joseph:)

No comments: