JOY=Faith, Family, and Friends

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Night of Daddy's Birthday!

As Taylor and Emma helped me decorate for Joseph's birthday some not so planned or fun things happened. First Madelyn...

Threw up all over the carpet.

She started coughing and threw up a little bit. Then said "MOM!" I said run to the bathroom, instead of following that sane advice she proceeded to finish her business on the carpet instead. Here she is helping me clean it up.

(The kids had all had a nasty virus this week that gave them a horrible cough. Madi wasn't sick to her stomach, but had taken to making herself cough so hard that she would gag and throw up. By the end of the week, we finally trained her to use a bowl or the toilet!)

While we were cleaning up after Madelyn I heard a loud crash and found...

Emma had knocked over the lamp.

To top the evening off Joseph's co-worker had offered to make the cake for his birthday and come and celebrate with us. But when they ended up getting stuck at work and sent home the cake from the office that day to have for our party that night, I was really wishing I had just done it myself and made him a cake. Birthdays are a big deal to me and I was sad that his wasn't turning out very well.
(that is how the cake came home, we hadn't eaten any yet:( )

But even though the evening started off rough, we ended up having a nice night celebrating our dad!!


2 comments:

Cali said...

What an adventure! I'm sorry that you've had sick kids, on top bed rest! You handle it all so gracefully.

Happy birthday to Joe, and thank heavens it all turned out alright! I hear you on birthdays being special. It's a good thing that you are surrounded by such wonderful people--how could his day not be special with all of you there?

Speaking of birthdays--there never was a birthday post for you, and I spaced sending the email that I meant to send to wish you a happy birthday. So, happy (be-lated) birthday, Amy. I hope that you had a wonderful birthday. You are a remarkable woman and mother.

James and Katrina said...

Wow...sounds exciting! It was good to see you the other day and to eat lunch together. Hope you're feeling well.