JOY=Faith, Family, and Friends

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Romans 8:17

There has been so much on my mind lately regarding things of a spiritual nature. I have felt very much like I have enrolled in a Spiritual Doctorate Program. Who enrolled me? I am not really sure, and as I am sure is true of some Doctorate Programs, I am not completely sure I like the methods being used to teach me. But I cannot deny that they are working and I am growing so much spiritually. Trials has been the main method of teaching and the driving force to my knees, but it has been soooo worth it. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows that as we face trials with faith we will grow closer to him than we ever knew possible.

The most recent trial that has come to me is unfortunately only a secondary trial. The primary recipients of this trial are my parents. My dad was diagnosed with Cancer this past week. I have a hard time voicing those words, My dad has cancer. There has been many tears, much prayer and fasting, and also much faith. I was thinking this morning how I am so grateful that I know my Savior Jesus Christ and I trust him. So now I just have to rely on that trust. But how do I lend support to 2 of the people who have done more for me than anyone else in life? How do I help them through this! We read the following scripture in Gospel Doctrine today.
ROMANS 8:17
It really hit me as it talks about how we are Children of God and are meant to suffer together and then be glorified together also. This is exactly why families are soooo important. We share in each others sorrows and rejoice in our triumphs. What an amazing gift a family is. How grateful I am for many family members uniting their faith in fasting this day as we send our love to Dad and Mom as they begin this very difficult battle. We love and support you Dad and Mom. Thank you for teaching us that as a family we can get through anything!

3 comments:

LeMira said...

We sure love your parents, too, and they are in our prayers!

Wendy said...

I can relate to what you are going through. My dad was diagnosed with cancer when I was in college. Just be supportive. It'll be tough. If you need to talk. I'm here.

DaleneH said...

Hope you are doing a little better. Our love and thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family.