JOY=Faith, Family, and Friends

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Update on Dad!

So, after many doctors we now have all the info about Dad's cancer. It is rectal cancer with a tumor about 7 cm. It is amazing to me how something so small can cause so much trouble!! The great news is that it hasn't spread and it is treatable!! The not so great news is that cancer treatments are hard and the next 8 months are going to be a roller coaster for my parents. It is so hard to have to watch the ones you love go through very hard things and not be able to do much to ease the burden.

However, true to their nature, they are taking it in stride and are determined to laugh and be positive through the pain. Everytime I talk to Dad or Mom they are commenting on the tender mercies in their day. They are inquiring about us kids and are worried about how we are doing. They inspire me so much and I am grateful for their example. Dad started chemo and radiation Monday and although he says he still feels ok, the doctors said the worst is coming. As he begins his battle, Mom has taken on another job and is working 12-16 hour days this week. My heart aches for them, keep them in your prayers! I pray the Lord will strengthen them as they face this, I know he will, without him I know they wouldn't be staying as positive as they are!!

3 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I'm sorry you and your family are dealing with this. I will keep them in my prayers.

Marcy said...

My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year. He had surgery and it appears to be gone for now. It's a reality check about life. I feel for your parents, and for your mom taking on more work. I know the Lord will bless them. We are praying for them.

Cali said...

Oh, Amy. I remember in High School how often you would talk about your dad and how much you love him. You even had that wonderful summer to work with him! I know he is somebody particularly important to you, and I'm so sorry that this trial has come up him and the rest of you. You've been in my prayers and I'll continue to pray for all of you. Love you, my friend.